Campervans for adventure
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
When renting a campervan from Roam free Campers you the “hirer” agree to all of the following terms and conditions;
- Credit card requirement - All renters must have a valid and active Credit card at time of rental. If you do not, a cash or etransfer of a $4000 security bond will be accepted.
- Security deposit - All rentals require a security bond. If the renter has a valid credit card and has not taken the CDW a bond of $1000 is to be paid. If CDW has been taken out for the rental a Bond of $300 is to be paid. Bonds will be refunded in full unless additional charges or damages have been acquired during the time of rental. If the charges are less than the bond the remainder shall be refunded, if the charges are greater the bond will be taken as partial payment and the credit card on file will be charged the remainder amount. Roam Free campers is not responsible for Bank charges that may incur
- Payment currency - CA dollars, either by cash, credit, etransfer or PayPal.
- Minimum age - To hire a Roam Free Camper is 18 years old (18-21 years old incur a $10 per day charge)
- Licence - All drivers must be named on rental agreement and must hold a full valid drivers license for the entire time of rental. In addition a major credit card holder must be present and used as a bond or if paying with cash, a security bond of $4000 will be charged.
- Reservation - Full payment confirms the rental for that time.
- Cancellation charges - If the booking is cancelled less than 48 hours before, or there is no show, the full balance of the rental will be charged. If it is within 14 days of your rental departure we will charge 20% of the final amount plus $150 per rental. If it is cancelled before 20 days we will give you the 20% deposit as credit for a future Roam Free Camper rental.
- Rates - Rates are calculated out per night, with a minimum of 2-night rental. We reserve the right to amend these prices at any given notice. The more nights you rent the cheaper it is. For a month or more please contact Roam Free Campers to work out a great deal.
- Vehicle return - Vehicles must be returned on the day agreed upon. Vehicles that are returned any later will incur a full day’s rental charge. No refund will be granted for late pickups or early returns.
- Smoking - There is no smoking in any Roam Free vehicles and doing so will incur a charge of $300.
- Traffic violations - All Traffic violations and parking offences will be paid for by the hirer. Roam Free campers has the right to charge a $55 processing fee for forwarding any Traffic Infringement or parking notices to the Hirer.
- Damaged or missing rental items - You the hirer are responsible for the safe return of any extra rented items such as roof top box, tents, GPS, bike racks and ski racks. If any items are damaged or missing the full retail value will be charged against their bond or credit Card.
- Fuel - The hirer will return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as when the vehicle was initially rented, if the vehicle is not returned with the same amount, A fee of $2 per litre will be applied and charged against the deposit. No refunds will be given if the vehicle is returned with excess fuel.
- Insurance - Each Van is hired out with 3rd party liability insurance, the hirer (you) is responsible for all damage to the Roam Free Campervan and its contents during your rental. If the vehicles is found to be damaged in any way, the hirer accepts all responsibility and either the bond will be used to cover the estimated costs or the credit card charged to cover the repair and all losses of use of the vehicle. If the vehicle cannot be fixed the hirer is responsible for fair market value of the vehicle and replacement of any contents belonging to Roam Free Campers. In the result of theft of the Vehicle the hirer is responsible for replacement of the vehicle. To help reduce these responsibilities a collision reduction waiver (CDW) can be purchased, CDW covers the damage to the van in case of an incident with another vehicle, Single car incidents are not covered. All claims are subject to a mandatory $300 excess.The $300 will be charged at time of rental and returned if the van is returned with no damages or charges (ie extra mileage,)
- Insurance Exclusions - The renter is fully liable for any damage to the Roam Free Campers van or third party property regardless of the purchase of CDW if;
- Any terms or conditions of the rental contract are breached
- The driver does not hold a full drivers license
- Driving under the influence of Alcohol or drugs
- Driving on unsealed roads or off road or restricted areas
- Anywhere in Mexico and Alaska
- Death Valley between 1st May and 30th September
- Off road, includes dunes, salt plains, beaches, logging roads, forest trail etc.
- Burning man festival, unless otherwise agreed upon and the extra fee has been paid which is $600. If the vehicle shows any sign of being to burning man and the fee has not been paid, then the renter will be charged the fee of $600 plus $200 cleaning fee.
- If the renter breaches any of the restrictions then the Insurance will be void and the renter will be liable for all damages and costs associated of a break down, collision or other issues in these areas
- Mechanical break downs or collisions - If the vehicle is involved in an accident, is damaged, breaks down or requires repair or salvage, regardless of cause, the hirer shall notify the owner of the full circumstances by telephone immediately. The hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the owner’s authority (this includes, but is not limited to, purchasing a replacement tyre) except to the extent that repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property.
- 24 Hour Roadside Assistance - Free for all inherent mechanical faults (as determined by the owner or its authorised repairer) related to the vehicle specified in the Rental Document. For all other roadside assistance call outs including refueling, jump start, tyre related incidents, lost keys and keys locked in the vehicle, a service fee will be charged. If the vehicle requires repair or replacement, the decision to supply another vehicle to the hirer is at the owner’s sole discretion.
- Vehicle Maintenace - When the hirer has taken possession of the vehicle they are responsible for all maintenance of the vehicle regarding correct fluid levels such as oil, coolant and using the correct fuel. If the vehicle is not maintained and is damaged due to negligence the hirer is responsible for all costs and repairs.
- Vehicle Cleanliness - The Vehicle shall be returned in a respective and kempt manner, if the vehicle is not a cleaning fee of $60 will be charged.
- You, the hirer acknowledge that Roam Free Campers and its parent company Roam Free Holdings Corporation has no liability in respect of any injury, loss, damage, claims, legal fees arising from the use of the vehicle, nor shall be liable for any indirect loss or damage. Roam free campers and Roam free holdings Corporation shall not be liable for damages arising from defects or mechanical failures. You the hirer, waive any claim against us for incidental, special or consequential damages in connection with the rental. Roam free campers is not responsible for loss or damage of any personal items regardless of where they are left.
Book Your Camper
Our clients love us
Wow what an adventure! It wouldn't have been possible without our trusty steed. We nearly did bother renting but so glad we did, well worth the money and offers so much flexibility.
We had an amazing 5 day trip in Pemberton and Vancouver Island. Camper was great and Rory was super helpful and friendly. We've been in Whistler for 6 months now so it was nice to see some of the surrounding areas and they are just beautiful.v
Renting a campervan from Roam Free allowed us to road trip around Canada and see everything we want whilst saving on hotel and transport fees. We even saw a moose!